holiday shopping information was suggested by our Neighborhood Patrolling
Officer, Thom Taylor.
Dear Clarkson Valley Resident,
The Holiday Season is upon us
again. Unfortunately, the increase
in retail activity brought on by the Holiday Season also brings about an
increase in certain types of crime. Following
the tips provided below may help you to avoid some of these problems:
- Do not withdraw large amounts of money from the bank
at one time, especially at ATM’s.
- When you go to the bank or ATM, try to go during
- Be on the lookout for con artists – people offering
something for nothing.
- When shopping, keep your money in a secure location.
Maintain vision or control of your purse/wallet.
- Do not display or carry large sums of money when you
- If you make purchases with credit cards, make sure you
keep the carbon paper from the receipts, or observe it being destroyed.
- Beware of giving your credit card number over the
- Keep your car locked, and purchased items should be
placed in your trunk where they cannot be observed.
- Do not leave items in your car overnight (telephone,
radar detector, etc.).
- When going to or from your car at a bank and/or
shopping center, be on the lookout for suspicious people Do NOT approach
your car if suspicious people are in the area. Go back into the business and notify security or call
- Take extra steps to secure your home.
Do not leave gifts by doors or windows where thieves can see them.
Due to everyone’s awareness of
terrorism being heightened, we remind everyone to remain calm and confident in
their local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and to report anything
that appears suspicious or threatening.
I hope these tips will help us
have a safe and happy Holiday Season. All
of the police officers in the West County Precinct would like to wish you and
your families all the best.